Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pinwheels in July


hello Guilders,
I have assembled some pinwheel links. It is by no means an exhaustive list of pinkwheel ideas and tutorials out there. But it is sure to get you started.
The pictures above are of a quilt I just finished yesterday. I used Love and Good Folks fabrics. Each block finishes out at a whopping 16.5 inches. I didnt quite mean for them to be that big but I like how it turned out. It was a quick quilt to make and makes a statement.
It was also easy to quilt myself.


This quilt is a wonky pinwheel quilt using a pattern, Wild Things. I believe Heather has it at The Quilt Barn. It uses 2 identical charm packs and some yardage.

If you have made or make something using pinwheels please send my a picture. I would love to share it on our blog.

p.s. i quilt Pinwheel Sampler Quilt. This quilt tutorial includes all the instructions to make 25 different pinwheel blocks.

A more complicated pinwheel within a star block. Something a little more complicated by Haines

Moda Bakeshop has a great free pattern for a pinwheel baby quilt

Modify Tradition has a great simple pinwheel tutorial. It is the one I used for the guild meeting.

How about a mini pinwheel block finishing out t 3"? Red Pepper Quilts will show you how.

Of course I had to include a wonky pinwheel, also known as a whirly giggle. Strandz has a free tutorial for you.

Happy Quilting! Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment