Tuesday, November 11, 2014

November Meeting Recap


November 8th, 2014
Number in Attendance- 11

1. I have Heather's orange blocks from the Scrap Jar Stars block exchange. If you'd like to get them before the next meeting, contact me (trinasdoings@gmail.com) and we'll work out a way to get it to you.

2. The Guild Christmas Party (also known as the best meeting of the year) is going to be December 6th. It will be at the Hen House Retreat Center right behind The Quilt Barn in Kimberly. The Hen House will be open at 1 pm for those who can come and sew the afternoon away. Our regular meeting will be at 6 pm. Also at 6 will be our potluck dinner and gift exchange. Then we'll stay for a late night sew until Heather kicks us out. It really is a lot of fun and I hope everyone can be there. Email me if you have any questions. Also, let me know what you'll be bringing to the potluck so we don't end up with five pans of funeral potatoes.

3. The recipe for the fantastic pumpkin cake Emilee brought can be found here- Pumpkin Upside-Down Cake.

4. Show and Tell-



Emilee's super cute kid's clothes.






A really uninformative picture of Pat's adorable quilt and matching pillow. The pattern for the quilt can be found here- Half Square Triangle Quilt.





A truly horrible picture of the beautiful quilts Jenele made for her soon to arrive grandbaby. I should be flogged for this one.





A somewhat better picture of the amazing bag that Nicke made for Tara as part of a swap. Tara's going to have to keep her eye on this one when I'm around.


Alexandra's new pillow for her living room redecoration. I wish I had gotten a picture of the back- it has prairie points.



That's it. See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment